Cool game and a cool concept! Looking forward to more levels!
What If Platformers Were RPGs 3
Year is 2031,
People have grown bored of classic reality shows. Funny jokes are not enough, spectators want blood.
The most ruthless producers have seized the occasion and launched this innovative show.
How to watch ?
Life is bad, and cheap. Participants are aiming for the jackpot, 1000 dollars for whomever wins !
Candidates grab money when passing a sign
As an interactive show, you can use the mouse and right clic. Current candidate might be done for, but you can improve the odds of next candidates :
- guts is the ability of candidates to keep motivation and face difficult situations
- jump is the ability of candidates to ... jump
You "win" when a candidate reaches the flag at the end of the level
Frequently Hypothetically Asked Questions:
- I can just spend points and cannot do anything else, is it even a game?
>> Does it have to be?
- What are the names under the characters, YOLO, BRUTE, etc ?
>> Figure it out
- There are only 3 levels and no ending
>> If you want more, let me know :)
- Window is very small
>> There are downloadable versions, an installer or a zip
It is for you if:
- you are very bad at platformers but you like to see characters jump
- you like playing the computer and doing your homework at the same time
- you want to play at work when your boss is not looking
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
for some reason this game doesn't get a dock icon, meaning it's really hard to switch back to after changing to another app... also the way the mouse gets tracked gets really fouled up really easily, especially if I change the window size.
EDIT: Never mind, the app just belongs to the itch.io app! Okay, that's easy enough. But the mouse issue still exists. :)
Hi fluffy, thanks for letting me know.
Do you mean, with the web browser of your macOS ?
I only shared a version for web and versions for windows so I am quite surprised you can run it ;)
Unfortunately, there is not much I can do to solve this issue. However, I added a bunch of keyboard shortcuts so if you have the patience, you will be able to play the game without ever touching the mouse. Full detail can be found in patch notes.